All Hail Avocados!
Avocados are queens in my book. Aside from being a super versatile and delicious element to many dishes, they pack a powerful punch of nutrients. Avocados are most commonly used in guacamole, as a salad topping or simply scooped with a spoon, but they can also be incorporated outside of the kitchen into your hair and skin care. This fruit is low in sugar, high in good fats and contain more potassium than bananas. Let’s take a look closer.
- Cholesterol and Sodium Free.
- Include 20 different Vitamins & Minerals – K, B5, B6, E, C to name a few.
- High Fat (the good kind) – high in monounsaturated oleic acid, a “heart healthy” fatty acid.
- Increase Anitoxidant Absorption from other Foods.
- Can replace Mayonnaise.
- Kid Friendly – 25 to 35% of a growing kids daily intake of fat should come from unsaturated ones and the early you can introduce, the better.
- Did I mention delicious?
* Trick for finding a ripe avocado –> pluck the stem/cap: green = keeper, brown = put it down.
For ideas and uses for avocados outside of the kitchen, visit:
beautyandtips.com – 25 BENEFITS AND USES OF AVOCADO FOR SKIN, HAIR, HEALTH AND BEAUTY