Coconut Oil Wins Again!
Oil Pulling, aka “kavala” or “gundusha” is an ancient and natural dental technique that traditionally uses sesame or sunflower oil. The practice involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth for 20 minutes. I have been pulling with coconut oil for over a year now and have absolutely noticed a difference in my gums, teeth as well as my overall health.
- 1 T coconut oil for 20 minutes.
- The time frame is important because it is long enough to “pull” the toxins out, but not long enough to be reabsorbed into the body.
- Coconut Oil specifically attacks Streptococcus Mutans bacteria which is responsible for cavities.
- Effective at removing plaque and whitening teeth.
- After 20 minutes spit oil into a trash can not a drain. The oil will be milky/cloudy.
- Rinse well with water.