Delicious and versatile vegan recipe! Explore adding different vegetables, spices, etc.
I LOVE authentic Mexican food and have been recreating my favorite dishes for years! The beauty of Mexican food is having the freedom to integrate an endless variety of veggies, meats/non-meats and spices based on personal preference and/or allergies.
- 8 oz. tempeh
- 15 oz. can of black beans
- handful of mushrooms (medium dice)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (diced)
- Taco Seasoning (I used a blend of paprika, chilli powder, cayenne & cumin)
- Crumble the tempeh and place in a bowl with your taco seasoning and a few tablespoons of water. Stir well, set aside and allow to marinate. Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Saute onion and tempeh for 8-10 mins over medium heat.
- Prep your add ons and condiments a while (lettuce, tomato, avocado, etc).
- Add garlic and beans and cook a few minutes until heated through.
- Assemble and enjoy!
Tip: try replacing your sour cream with Greek yogurt.