Easy & Delicious Oven Baked Fries!
I love french fries. What I don’t love are hydrogenated oils, trans fats or GMO’s. Once you begin making your own fries, others just simply won’t cut it. Shoestring, steak fries, waffle cut, wedges, etc. I have a favorite blend of herbs, spices and oil that I personally use, but feel free to experiment and adjust to your liking. The possibilities of potato combinations are truly endless!
- Fill a large mixing bowl with water.
- Cut potatoes to desired length/thickness placing in water to soak as you go (this will pull the starch out).
- While potatoes are soaking, prep other fresh/dried herbs, garlic, etc.
- Drain potatoes and rinse leftover starch from the mixing bowl.
- Coat mixing bowl with preferred oil (I use an avocado/safflower blend) and add chopped garlic and herbs/spices.
- Toss potatoes in bowl coating evenly.
- Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper and line potatoes making sure they do not touch (this will prevent soggy fries and is crucial to baking sweet potato fries).
- Place in a 375 preheated oven and bake for approx. 40 mins (this is a general loose time/temp; please adjust accordingly).
*My personal go-to combo of herbs/spices = rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil, chopped garlic, salt, pepper & ACV.