Garlic lovers: this one’s for you!
To say I love garlic would be putting it mildly. I scoop up organic garlic whenever I come across it and use it daily in my food preparation, as well as for natural remedies. Garlic has been around for thousands of years and was believed to hold medicinal properties; we now have the science to back it.
- High in a sulfur compound called Allicin, which is believed to bring most of the health benefits once a clove is chopped, crushed or chewed.
- Rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and Manganese.
- Supplementation helps prevent and reduce the severity of common colds and flu.
- Good for high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- Contains antioxidants that protect against cell damage and ageing and may also reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Homemade Garlic Powder:
- Preheat oven to the lowest possible temperature.
Slice cloves of garlic as thinly as possible (1-2 heads).
- Spread slices on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake until pieces can be easily broken; approximately 1-2hrs.
- Place in blender, processor, grinder, etc. and pulse/grind until powder.
- Store in an air tight container and enjoy!This garlic powder will be more potent than store bought. A little bit goes a long way!
For more info on the benefits of garlic, visit: